Thursday 19 February 2015

Stabbed Channels TV reporter who captured the mayhem at Okrika APC rally narrates his ordeal

Charles Eruka is the Channels TV correspondent who brought the attack by hoodlums during the APC Okrika rally to the attention of Nigerians when rather than escaping for safety, he stayed behind to report.

He unfortunately became one of the victims of the fracas as he was stabbed in the neck by some hoodlums.

In an interview with Channels TV, he narrated what transpired that day, saying that he was stabbed by the thugs while he was struggling to keep his phone which they wanted to take from him

“Some of the attackers who have been looting the property of people who had provided the public address system now surrounded me and tried to take my phone away from me on the suspicion that I was actually calling reinforcement to come pick them up. So in the scuffle, I got stabbed in the neck,” he said.

No comments: